The Summer Intern Program is on hiatus for 2016. Please check back for information about the 2017 Summer Internship Program.
Since 1995, SJT has been introducing student interns to the dynamics and operations of a non-profit arts organization, offering the practical work experience required to balance artistic and administrative excellence. Although this is primarily an administrative internship, hands-on taiko instruction can be offered if time allows.
In recent years, we have had interns from Princeton, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Riverside, USC, St. Olaf College, San Jose City College, Santa Clara University, Stanford, Oberlin, and Swarthmore. Past interns have gone on to play with taiko groups such as ON Ensemble, TaikoProject, Jiten Daiko, Jun Daiko, Fu-un No Kai (Eitetsu Hayashi), and San Jose Taiko.
- Marketing and production planning
- Assisting in general administrative office work
- Researching and archiving taiko resource materials
- Using iMovie and iDVD to edit and archive videos
- Other duties as time and experience allow
Learn more about taiko and San Jose Taiko here.