Youth Recreational Classes (YRC)
San Jose Taiko’s Youth Recreational Class (YRC) is a fun, beginning-level class for students ages 8 to 14, taught by members of San Jose Taiko’s staff and performing company.
YRC will be offered in 8-week sessions twice a year, in the spring and fall. Registration is first-come, first-served, and you can sign up for as many sessions as you'd like.
Fall 2017 session: Sept 7 - Oct 26, 2017
Spring 2018 session: April - May, 2018 (exact dates TBD)
- Class dates/times: Thursdays, 4:30-5:30
- Fee per session: $200
- Location: San Jose Taiko studio, 150 South Montgomery St, San Jose
- Class size: 14 students/2 instructors
- Registration will begin no later than May 1, 2017. Please check this website at that time.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable. Fees can be transferred to another YRC session only if the request is made more than 2 weeks prior to the original YRC session and there is space in another YRC session. There are no make-up classes or future credits to any other SJT program/activity if you do not attend the class.
YRC is not a part of the Junior Taiko (JT) Program. Enrollment for the 2016-17 Junior Taiko season is closed. Information about the 2017-18 Junior Taiko season can be found here.
Students aged 15+ can register for the Adult Recreational Class.
Learn more about taiko and San Jose Taiko here.